We are taking precautions to stay covid safe. The following rules must be agreed to and followed in order to attend classes.
Information on covid-19 is available at https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19 covering information such as:
- Current rules and restrictions
- Got symptoms? Get tested
- How to protect yourself and others
- Self-isolation and quarantine
- Use of the COVIDSafe App to assist with contact tracing
Protecting the wellbeing of people at our dojo
Do not attend the dojo if you are unwell. Information on when and how to get tested and other information on covid-19 is available at the link above.
Before attending class, please ensure that:
– You don’t have COVID-19 or are waiting for results of a COVID-19 test; – You don’t have any symptoms associated with COVID-19 (e.g. fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, sneezing/runny nose or loss of sense of smell); – You haven’t been in contact with any known or suspected case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days; – You have not returned or been in contact with anyone else who has returned, from overseas in the past 14 days.
Class sizes are limited to 12 people due to the size of our matted area. Total people in the dojo, including spectators, must not exceed 20. Please maintain 1.5m distance where practical, including when arriving and departing the class, talking before and after class, and when setting up or warming up. Spectators must also maintain 1.5 metres distance, so ensure you are seated or standing at an appropriate distance. If possible, please attend class already changed to minimise the use of changing areas.
Hard and high intensity training should be avoided at this time, as if someone unknowingly has covid it may increase any shedding of the virus through heavy breathing. Hygiene and cleaning
Please ensure you wash your hands regularly, including before and after class for at least 20 seconds using soap. Hand sanitiser is also available at the dojo for use. Cover your cough or sneeze using your elbow or a tissue. Immediately dispose of tissues and wash your hands or use hand sanitiser after coughing or sneezing. Please bring your own water bottle and towel and do not share with others. Please bring your own weapons if you have them and wipe any weapons down, including dojo weapons, before and after training. Mats and high-touch areas must be cleaned after class using gloves and disinfectant. The kitchen and meeting room are not to be used at this time.